Season 2, Episode 1
What to Do About Self-Doubt and Your Book Project
Get the 3 Questions You Must Be Able to Answer About Your Book Idea
Get clear and get going on your book project!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Notes from this episode:
In this very first episode of Season Two, I am talking about obstacles that keep folks from working on their book project.
I cover the five most common messages that the voice of self-doubt sends that end up getting in the way.
1. Self Doubt Message #1: You’re Not “Expert Enough” to Write this Book
2. Self-Doubt Message #2: Your Book Idea Isn’t Good Enough
3. Self-Doubt Message #3: You’re Not Popular Enough
4. Self-Doubt Message #4: Who You, a Writer?
5. Self-Doubt Message #5: You’re Too Old to Be a “First-Time Author”
Resources I mentioned:
- Two of my favorite teachers are Kate Swoboda aka Kate Courageous and Tanya Geisler. Here is something about Tanya’s Yum & Yay folder idea.
- If you are in midlife like I am, there are some wonderful voices out there, check out Sara Smeaton’s Midlife Manifesto and Lou Blaser’s Midlife Cues newsletter & podcast.
- Also, here’s an article I wrote on the same topic of self-doubt that also includes additional actions to try.